Jacksonville Property Management Blog
Top 6 Jacksonville Area Suburbs for Young Families
Jacksonville is the biggest and the most populated city in Florida. It is a hot spot for beach lovers as it is located along the Atlantic shore. There is never a shortage of great activities in the Jacksonville area suburbs. Those who want to live near this great city without being surrounded by crowds have the option of choosing superb nearby suburbs to call home. Make sure to keep reading to learn about our top picks!
Why Pick Jacksonville?
Jacksonville is a family city, and a large percentage of households in the city limits have children. These numbers increase the farther you move away from downtown. With fantastic weather year-round, a thriving economy, and high quality of life, it is no surprise that the area is excellent for families to settle down and raise kids. Young families buying a home in Jacksonville will be happy to have their peers in the neighborhood. Jacksonville also has excellent local schools and shopping options. The urban parks system is the biggest in the United States. The cost of living and the unemployment rate in Jacksonville are lower than the national average.
Making a Long-Distance Move
When you are moving long-distance, you want to be able to settle into your new home quickly. For inexperienced families, it can be quite a task, and hiring a moving company will make your life a lot easier. Even if you have moved more than once, there are many aspects to cover, and you might end up resenting it. Experienced professionals will know all the shortcuts and fastest and easiest ways to take care of your Flofida move.
1. San Marco
San Marco offers city living at its finest. This historic district has excellent dining options and upscale boutiques. You can relax at sunsets and host family picnics in Riverfront Park. Here you will also find some of the best restaurants Jacksonville has to offer. You can also enjoy a family outing during the San Marco Art Festival held twice a year. San Marco also has a lot to offer to the more urban families looking for an artistic element in the suburbs.
Deercreek is a safe, stable Jacksonville area suburb for families with some of the lowest crime rates in the city. This makes it a great area to raise a family in. The average price of homes in Deercreek is almost 50% higher than in the rest of the city, making it less accessible to first-time home buyers.
If you are in Deercreek with your family, you will have an excellent time being so close to the fantastic beaches. Some of the top activities for young families to enjoy are:
3. Southside—Affordable Jacksonville Area Suburbs
Young families looking for a more affordable market should take Southside into account. The area has an abundance of grocery stores and a whopping nine parks within a mile radius. The neighborhood was designed with homeowners with children in mind.
Southside is also home to St. Johns Town Center. This enormous open-air lifestyle center offers retail, residential, hotel, and dining options.
4. Orange Park—The Suburbs for Young Families That Enjoy the Outdoors
If you are not prioritizing being in the center of Jacksonville, think about buying a home in Orange Park. This is a very popular neighborhood for families who love a rural environment. In Orange Park, young families can enjoy the outdoors by going camping, doing water sports, and hiking. The suburb is near St. Johns River, Doctor's Lake, and Black Creek. This makes it ideal for wakeboarding, fishing, and numerous other watersports. Orange Park is 45 minutes away from Jacksonville, but it has all the perks of living in the city. It is also home to Jarboe Park, which is packed with playgrounds, sports fields, and walking trails. With such a wide selection, young families can plan fun activities every weekend.
Oceanway offers more affordable housing for young families looking to move here. This is a very desirable area due to the low cost of living and average prices for riverfront houses. The Oceanway suburban area has access to family-friendly destinations like the Jacksonville Zoo. Oceanway is home to a large shopping center and is one of the fastest-growing areas in the city. This neighborhood has many single-family and upscale homes that will meet all your family's needs. In addition to all the amenities, it also offers various hiking trails and playgrounds for the little ones.
6. Neptune Beach
This Jacksonville area suburb is one of the most well-known. It is only a short 25-minute drive from the city center. As an oceanfront town, Neptune Beach can be great fun for the entire family. Oceanfront Park is only 30 minutes away. One thing to keep in mind is that this area has higher-than-average home prices. It may not be the most affordable choice for young families, but it certainly is one of the best to enjoy the beach life. The whole family can go fishing, have fantastic seafood, and play golf at the beach golf club.
Additional Fun Activities in the Nocatee Suburb
There are countless options to choose from when it comes to Jacksonville area suburbs for young families. Here are a few more activities to explore in the area:
- Nocatee Spray Park—The biggest interactive spray playground in the area. It offers a playground for kids and a bar and grill for the parents to relax and enjoy the day.
- Electric vehicle pathways—Nocatee is the first community in the region that is home to pathways created for electric vehicles.
- Splash Water Park—Loads of fun for the entire family. There is a lazy river for relaxing for the tired moms and dads. Splash Waterpark offers a big slide tower for the more adventurous adrenaline seekers. It even has its own tiki bar with delightful cocktails.
Meta description: If you are thinking about moving to Jacksonville this year, take a look at our top 6 Jacksonville area suburbs for young families.
- Buying a House
- Renting with Roommates
- 7 Easy Rental Upgrades
- Retire in Jacksonville, FL
- Nursing Homes in Florida
- Why Jacksonville is Perfect for Young Professionals
- Pets in a rental property
- Fall Maintenance Tips
- Good Property Manager
- Rental Property Renovations
- Furnished vs. Unfurnished Rentals
- Prevent Tenant Damage
- Tips for Landords
- 7 Reasons Why Renting Could be Better
- Attract Quality Tenants
- How Sober Living House Can Add Value to a Neighborhood
- Tenant-Proof your rental
- How to Maintain a Good Relationship With Your Tenants
- Best Long Distance Moving Companies
- 7 Best Long-Distance Moving Companies
- Top 6 Jacksonville Area Suburbs for Young Families
- House Hunting Tips after you Retire
- Why Jacksonville is one of the best places to live in the US
- Tips for Long-Distance Apartment Hunting
- Most Popular Jacksonville Neighborhoods
- 6 signs it’s time to replace your HVAC system
- COVID 19
- Property Management Education
- Rental Property Maintenance in Jacksonville
- Landlord Tenant Law
- Tenant Eviction
- Rental Maintenance
- Rent Collection
- Security Deposits
- Setting the Right Rental Price
- Getting Rent Ready
- How to Deal with Stress and Anxiety When Buying a Home
- Pros and Cons of Renting with Roommates
- 7 Great Reasons to Retire in Jacksonville, FL
- Tanya Douglas
- Tonya Douglas
- Emma Williams
- Nessa Brown
- East Coast Haul
- Old Republic Home Warranty