Jacksonville Property Management Blog
Why Jacksonville is one of the best places to live in the US
Alt-tag: A bridge in Jacksonville
Residents of Jacksonville understand why it's such a popular moving destination for numerous folks. Some of the top reasons people consider moving to Jacksonville are its stable economy, great weather, affordable housing, and highly-ranked schools. Thus, it's no wonder Jacksonville was ranked as one of the best places to live in the US.
J-ville is the most populous city in Florida, and there's room for everyone in the housing and job market. So, if you want to find out why moving to Jacksonville is a great idea, keep reading.
Things to know about one of the best places to live in the US - Jacksonville
If you are planning a long-distance move to Jacksonville, you'll be glad to learn this city has a different feel than NYC or LA. Living here allows you to have a slower pace and enjoy every moment. In addition, a place where you can own a home, have a job, and raise kids is the perfect place for relocation with your family.
So, without further ado, let's take a look at some of the top reasons why starting a life here is an excellent idea.
Stable economy and job opportunities
One of the most common reasons people choose Jacksonville is its economic health and different job opportunities. Some of the city's biggest employers are:
- Fidelity Investments
- Deutsche Bank
- Mayo Clinic
- JP Morgan Chase
- Jacksonville Port Authority
- growing tech sector
- military base
Caption: The possibility of landing a good job in Jacksonville is very high.
Alt-tag: Two people shaking hands because of a new job opportunity
The city's job market is continually rising by 14%. Therefore, it's completely reasonable why the job market is expected to grow by 44% in the next 10 years.
The cost of living is below the national average
You will be glad to find out that the living costs in Jacksonville are pretty reasonable and around 10% lower than the national average.
Caption: Both healthcare and groceries in J-ville are lower than the national and state average.
Alt-tag: Hands holding a dollar bill
So, if you are planning on relocating this winter to one of the best places to live in the US, you should make a plan according to your financial health and goals. The good news is that living in Jacksonville doesn't cost a fortune, and finding a job won't be a difficult task here.
Affordability of housing
Another major factor that draws people here is the affordability of housing. Houses are moderately affordable for all employed folks. So, whether you'd like to purchase a more affordable home in the suburbs, live downtown, or by the beach, the good news is there's a place here for everyone's preferences and budget.
Caption: Jacksonville housing prices are 17% lower than the national average.
Alt-tag: A neighborhood in Jacksonville as one of the best places to live in the US
It's a fact that Jacksonville, FL, is in a perfect location. It offers easy access to the major hubs in the South, like Atlanta, Savannah, Orlando, Charleston.
Another geographical advantage of Jacksonville is that it's located slightly away from the cost. This results in the city not suffering direct hurricane impacts and its residents enjoying the Florida lifestyle.
Home to beautiful beaches
Jacksonville is one of the best places to live in the US because of its abundance of beaches. So, if you are a beach lover and enjoy the feeling of sand between your toes, Jacksonville could be the perfect place for you.
J-ville beaches offer surfing, kayaking, boating, and piers. Along with that, each beach has its own vibe and distinct feel. If you are an ocean lover, here are the must-visit beaches:
- Neptune beach - suburban beach perfect for families;
- Jacksonville beach - where you can enjoy long walks and learn how to surf;
- Amelia Island - a beach with beautiful wildlife and some of the top-rated resorts and golf courses;
- Ponte Verda Beach - offers luxurious golf courses and has some of the highest dunes in FL;
- Atlantic Beach - a pretty clean and laid-back beach.
Rich cultural life
Another trait of this city is that it has numerous theaters, cinemas, music venues, and performing art centers. So, if you fancy attending cultural events, there will be a lot to choose from in Jacksonville.
Two of the most significant annual happenings are the Jacksonville Jazz Festival and Jacksonville Film Festival. Other cultural attractions are the Great Atlantic Seafood and Music Festival, Jacksonville Art Walk, Riverside Arts Market, and Jacksonville Museum of Science and History.
Abundance of activities
The residents of this city, sometimes known as Jaxons, enjoy are a wide array of outdoor activities. The number one activity is spending time at the beach. This doesn't just mean tanning and swimming, but also kayaking, surfing, paddle boating, diving, fishing, and exploring wonderful shores.
Other activities you can add to your bucket list are the Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, Little Talbot Island State Park, TIAA Bank Field (Home of the Jacksonville Jaguars), Fort Clinch State Park, Top Golf Jacksonville, St. Johns Town Centre, etc.
Caption: Jacksonville is one of the best places to live in the US because of its large urban parks.
Alt-tag: A park in Jacksonville
Highly rated schools
Finally, if you plan on raising kids here, Jacksonville education won't disappoint you.
The top-ranking schools are Nassau, St. Johns, Clay, Duval, to name a few. Additionally, Jacksonville is home to several state and private 4-year colleges, such as Florida State College, University of North Florida, Jacksonville University, First Coastal Technical University, and St. Johns River State College.
Final thoughts on Jacksonville being one of the best places to live in the US
As you can see, Jacksonville is one of the best places to live in the US for many reasons. Numerous activities, growing job opportunities, and affordable living costs make moving here a smart decision. So, be sure to contact us to help you find the perfect home for you and your family.
Meta description: If you are wondering about the best places to live in the US, stay tuned to learn why moving to Jacksonville is a good idea!
- Mastering the Art of DIY Home Inspections
- Buying Off-Market Properties
- The Real Estate Language
- Finding your dream Home
- The Art of Home STaging
- Selling a home
- Buying a new home
- Ways a Fence can Enhance Your Outdoor Space
- Warning Signs You Need a New Real Estate Agent
- Biggest Benefits of Selling Your Home Discreetly
- Buyer Remorse
- 6 projects that can ruin your home's value
- Key Things to Negotiate When Buying a Home
- Curb Appeal
- Moving to Jacksonville
- Buying a House
- Renting with Roommates
- 7 Easy Rental Upgrades
- Retire in Jacksonville, FL
- Nursing Homes in Florida
- Why Jacksonville is Perfect for Young Professionals
- Pets in a rental property
- Fall Maintenance Tips
- Good Property Manager
- Rental Property Renovations
- Furnished vs. Unfurnished Rentals
- Prevent Tenant Damage
- Tips for Landords
- 7 Reasons Why Renting Could be Better
- Attract Quality Tenants
- How Sober Living House Can Add Value to a Neighborhood
- Tenant-Proof your rental
- How to Maintain a Good Relationship With Your Tenants
- Best Long Distance Moving Companies
- 7 Best Long-Distance Moving Companies
- Top 6 Jacksonville Area Suburbs for Young Families
- House Hunting Tips after you Retire
- Why Jacksonville is one of the best places to live in the US
- Tips for Long-Distance Apartment Hunting
- Most Popular Jacksonville Neighborhoods
- 6 signs it’s time to replace your HVAC system
- COVID 19
- Property Management Education
- Rental Property Maintenance in Jacksonville
- Landlord Tenant Law
- Tenant Eviction
- Rental Maintenance
- Rent Collection
- Security Deposits
- Setting the Right Rental Price
- Getting Rent Ready
- Mastering the Art of DIY Home Inspections: What Every Buyer Should Know
- Buying Off-Market Properties
- The Real Estate Language; Key Terms and Concepts Every Homebuyer Should Know
- The Art of Home Staging: Transforming Your Property for a Quick Sale
- Tanya Douglas
- Tonya Douglas
- Emma Williams
- Nessa Brown
- East Coast Haul
- Old Republic Home Warranty